Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

I would like to draw your attention to a time honored tradition brought forth from my maternal ancestors. Emilia has inherently honored this tradition without prompting, it is in her blood, she feels a natural instinct and acts upon it. She has taken the chocolate bunny of her brother and has eaten it's ears.
When we ask Gavin to smile, this is the face we get. He is in training to become a pirate. Honestly, can't you just hear him going "ARGH!".

Emilia was less than pleased when I bit the head off of her pink peeps marshmallow chick. You did read the part about it being an instinct...it is almost like I can't help it.


We gave Emi the peep so she would be happy for the pictures. Instead all we have are pictures of her staring at the confectionary abomination.



I was given the simple assignment of making rolls. I decided to cheat and use frozen store bought dough. I followed the directions. They did not double in size, they converged together to create behemoth pans of dough. When I called my mom to tell her the rolls were threatening a coup de tat she informed me that rolls can collapse. I gently approached the rolls and commenced negotiating a truce. Apparently it was too late, they had suffered enough and thus felt the need to make me look really silly. They fell. So instead of bringing delicious rolls to Easter Dinner, I brought edible "flats". Sorry Mom.
Emi, looking precious as usual. Her cheeks might still be full of candy.

Gavin, smiling again.

Hope you all had a Happy & Memorable Easter!
-The Henrikson Family















No comments: