Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas In Zarahemla

This year our ward had a different idea for the church Christmas party.
There was a presentation acted out portraying prophets from the Book of Mormon and their prophecy's and experiences with the birth of Christ.
Nephi's Vision
And the Lord said unto me: "Behold, the virgin whom thou seest is the mother of the Son of God, after the manner of the flesh."
"And it came to pass that I beheld that she was carried away in the spirit for the space of a time the angel spake unto me, saying: Look!"
"And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing a child in her arms. And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father."
1 Nephi 11: 18-21
We believe that the birth of Jesus Christ was foretold by the ancient prophets in the American continents and that the signs of his birth were seen there.
We believe that there were followers who had faith in the words of the prophets and awaited the arrival of their Savior.
We've recently been called to the activities committee and helped with the setup for the event. Ammon made one fierce warrior.
I got to make the costumes for the event and had a lot of fun with the assignment.
(Thanks to Chrissy who actually did most of the sewing!!)



Gavin loved running around as a little warrior.
The spear was a big hit amoungst his friends.

3 comments:

ScottandMikell said...

You should fear being on that activities committee. Look at those crazy decorations!!! We should just take your ward's leftovers:)

Jamie said...

I am in charge of decorating for the same christmas activity! I love the stairs that is on the stage and the paper trees, could you email me and let me know how on earth you guys pulled that one off?! dizzyvertigo@Hotmail.com My name is Jamie. THank you!!

Unknown said...

Would it be possible to get some of these ideas to my email?